UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Wellbeing

Originally published on Wednesday, 15th April 2009

Beauty Spot

Special Treatment

There are certain delicate subjects best avoided in relationships: questions about the source of that mysterious odour, who’s responsible for eating all the chocolate, and when it is tolerable to play that Phil Collins’ CD (is there ever a right time?). In my household, the tricky conversations centre around, well, the centre, and any mention of the tautness of tummies displayed by various female celebrities are always off-limits. We are also, however, a democratic house, so it is only fair that the same applies to Christian Bale. To test the theory, I began our recent Batman Begins movie night with the words: ‘Heeellloooo, getta look at those abs!’ Unfortunately, things ended in silence.

Beauty Spot 1
Sore Point

Now, however, it seems that for chaps whose chops (and guts) are on the floor, there is hope in the form of CACI Non-Surgical Gutlift, available at swanky London salon, Karine Jackson. Promising results you’d ordinarily get from 6 months at the gym – without the customary ache one gets from too many sit-ups – ten sessions will firm, tighten, tone and ‘re-educate’ slovenly muscles. Now, while we’re on the subject of re-education, do you think it’s too much to hope that the effects might also extend to the erroneous assumption that Just Another Day in Paradise is a work of genius? Well, it’s worth a try.

The CACI Non-Surgical Gutlift costs £40 per session. Book a course of 10 treatments and pay £310 instead of £400.

Karine Jackson is offering Urban Junkies readers a further £10 off. Simply quote ‘Urban Junkies’ on booking. • 020 7836 0300

Beuty Spot 2

Beauty Ed’s best of the rest…

Fine Threads

My marigold-wearing grandmother believes that a clean window is a clear conscience, which I’m pretty sure is another way of saying that our eyes are the windows to our soul. If that’s true, we could all do with a bit of existential sprucing. I vote by starting with the brows (the curtains to the soul?) and heading straight to the Archbishop of Beauty, Vanda Serrador. A thorough threading session in her speedy, but meticulous, hands is a pure brow-wow miracle. Well, one woman’s religion, is another woman’s raised eyebrow…

For your chance to win 12 free monthly eyebrow appointments with Vanda Serrador, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your name and mobile quoting ‘Urban Junkies Competition’ in the subject.

The winner will be notified by the end of April 2009. Urban Skin, Neville, 5 Pont Street, London SW1X 9EJ • 020 7235 3654. Nevillehairandbeauty.net 

by EA

Back to Wellbeing homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram