UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Wellbeing

Originally published on Tuesday, 12th May 2009

Beauty Spot

The Beauty Barometer

Eminé Ali Rushton cherry-picks the best new treatments from the beauty front, and secures exclusive UJ offers in her brand new column, Special Treatment.?

1bLife Class

I gave up all hopes of artistic greatness during my GCSEs, but my painterly shortcomings did little to stifle my face-painting aspirations – until a teen pic of me (with purple lids, peach lips and tan cheeks) made it perfectly clear that my expressionist tendencies had been lost in translation.

Determined to correct the common errors made by today’s ladies, Jemma Kid d has introduced a new summer menu.

Mastering Eyes will help you pull off cat’s, smoky and two-tone, while also honing brows, lashes and liner.

Fabulous at 40 and beyond… works to create a flawless canvas for women who fear they’re past it – proving that heavy-duty base can be as ageing as Chantal Biya’s barnet.

Teen Beauty is for pairs of friends who would rather bypass the hard-sell of the cosmetics counters in favour of tips and tricks that will last a lifetime, and finally, Day to Evening Glamour will arm you with all you need to create a hot-to-trot look at your desk. It might be the first time we’ve pulled off an A+.

Jemma Kidd Make-Up School are offering Urban Junkie readers an exclusive 20% discount on non-pro course bookings throughout May 2009. Email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 0207 243 0357.

2bYou’re my Shining Star

I’ve not tuned into the inhabitants of Summer Bay since Angel and Ailsa were on the waves, but that didn’t stop me taking an indulgent trip down memory lane when I got wind of the latest service to be launched by hair supremo Charles Worthington; yep, you guessed it: Home and Away. Home is for the Blighty-bound, looking to save the spondoolees but unwilling to forgo the beach babe (or boy) fantasies.

Think a touch of sun around the crown, a flash of St Tropez for the body, and a bespoke mani and pedi which leaves nails gleaming like seashells on the seashore… even if the closest you’ll get is a pot of winkles at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Away on the other hand, is all about prepping for the great escape – with an intensive hair treatment, snip and style, a deluxe mani and pedi AND a great little goodie bag which will save you precious packing time.

Charles Worthington are offering Home & Away treatments at a 10% discount to all UJ readers who call up and quote 'Urban Junkies' on booking.

Valid throughout May 2009. Home is available at Charles Worthington Broadgate Club only. Away is available at all salons.

by EA

Back to Wellbeing homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram